Marketing is still new to me. It’s more challenging than I imagined. At least it’s challenging for us as we’re building a tool that’s valuable to several different markets. There are so many marketing options for a Software as a Service startup to choose from and it’s hard to know if your real message is getting out there. The question that has kept coming up lately for me is: “How are we doing telling people who we are and why we’re unique.” Are we telling our story?
Here’s a hodgepodge of facts about our product and people:
- We’re passionate about creating really, easy-to-use, un-bloated software; that actually works.
- We want to help churches, associations and non-profits (any member-driven organization) enhance communication and community among the members of their organizations
- We want our software to be affordable.
- We really do believe that software can enhance communication and help people feel more connected.
- We don’t believe that MemberHub is a social networking site. It’s s private groups communication tool.
- We really like to serve our customers; we’re social people.
- We’re a father-n-son start-up.
- We’re honest, hard-working, good-to-know people who follow Jesus.
We’ll be sharing more with you about who we are. And if you know us or currently use MemberHub, please leave a comment and help the rest of the world learn more about us.
The executives who ignited the transformations from good to great did not first figure out where to drive the bus and then get people to take it there. No, they first got the right people on the bus and then figured out where to drive it. They said, in essence, “Look, I don’t really know where we should take this bus. But I know this much: If we get the right people on the bus, the right people in the right seats, and the wrong people off the bus, then we’ll figure out how to take it some place great.”
Jim Collins – Good to Great