Underwood Elementary, a GT Magnet Elementary School in Wake County, NC has been using MemberHub for the past year. They launched the use of the service over the summer of 2012 with the goal of strengthening communication among teachers and parents at the school.
I recently spoke with Andrea Trowell, the Media and Technology Specialist at Underwood and we discussed the schools growing passion for MemberHub. Andrea sent out a survey to teachers and parents about communication within the school using MemberHub. Here is what they have to say:
How are you using MemberHub?
- “I use it as a class website.”
- “to receive emails, text, sending out weekly updates, calendar, class messages.”
- “As a room parent to share needs for the classroom, upcoming class events and sharing general information. Very cool tool!”
How is MemberHub helpful for you?
- “Keeps me up to date without having to remember to ‘go check’ something”
- “It provides a centralized place to communicate with classroom parents.”
- “Awesome for class wide communication and parent/teacher communication”
- “I love being able to shoot an email out to our room parent super quick and let the know of a classroom need or a teacher request.”
- “I feel connected to what’s happening without being inundated with lots of separate emails.”
And the verdict is……
- “Please Keep it!”
- “Fantastic. I am always informed.”
- “Can’t imagine life without it!!”
- “So glad we elected to utilize this communication and organizational hub”
- “I appreciate the email communication and the way that PTA representatives are so responsive!”
- “It is working well!”
Thank you for the responses Underwood and thank you for using MemberHub! Also, thank you to Andrea for her endorsement of the system and desire to spread its use (she’s currently promoting the use of it at her older children’s Middle School in Raleigh!).